Flight of Fantasy

Scribblings from my life past and present.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

After Shocks

Depression grabbed at my throat
and said,
    "you want to live -
     I want you dead".

He threw back his head
and
began to laugh,
then he took my life
and
tore it in half.

    "The balls in your court"
he said with a grin,
    "It's up to you which side
     will win".

He looked at my two halves and said
    "which half is living,
     which half is dead"?

     "Which is king of your life"?
he asked
     "What governs your future -
     your present or past"?

He rubbed his hands in
demonic glee -
at my obvious confusion
     "which one was me"?
\
Could I salvage what's left?
Could I rebuild again -
what was still in the
ashes
of
guilt and of pain?

I straightened my shoulders,
looked him straight in the eyes,
    "I may be stupid, but God's
    made me wise".

I have the strength - needed to gain
New life - from death,
New hope - from pain.

Slowly he slunk away to
my door -

    "Just call me girl, if you need me
    some more"!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home