Flight of Fantasy

Scribblings from my life past and present.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Asleep


Sometimes I look at myself and I think -
there's something dormant in me,
- asleep.

Sometimes I wonder

      what hasn't grown
      what hasn't developed
      what hasn't shown?

Surely there's more to me -
than I am!
Some hidden talent, some unknown
man.
Something I can do
but
still haven't tried.
Something I must do before
I must die!

There must be more to life
than just tea
and
bringing up babies
one, two, three.

There must be more than just 
living
each day
and eating and drinking
and waning away.

Lord give me wisdom to know
what to do,
to experience this world
of yours
to the full.

I'm full of potential thats
wasting away -
all that potential will be
buried one day.

Sometimes I look at myself
and I think,
'something is dormant inside - me
asleep'.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home