Flight of Fantasy

Scribblings from my life past and present.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fear

My world so unstable 
(just want you to know),
One minute you're here -
then you must go.

There's talk of retrenchment with
plenty of tears
and
grey headed people are filling with
fears.

It's early retirement -
   like it or not.
Give to the tax man all that
you've got.

Don't

ask for promotion -
that's a thing of the past,
just keep working and slogging -
how long can you last?

Forget 

about holidays and meat on the plate,
you must keep on working
- living
can wait!

It's stress
and
depression
and bondage
I fear -
they are your wages for working
all year.

Time, is your god,
the clock is your master -
and they are demanding 
you
must work faster.

My world's so unstable -
I guess that you know,
one minute you're here -
then you must go.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home